Fagioli e tonno
White Bean and Tuna Salad
- 1 large can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, or about 500g/1 lb boiled beans
- 1 can tunafish in olive oil drained
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- A few sprigs of parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup 75 ml best-quality, extra virgin olive oil or to taste
- Salt and pepper
Pour the beans into a colander and rinse them thoroughly. Allow the beans to drain well.
In a large bowl, mix the beans with the tunafish, which you will have drained and broken up into chunks with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well. If the mixture is a little dry, add more oil. Adjust for seasoning.
Serve, if you like on a bed of tender lettuce or topped with a light sprinkling of additional onion and parsley for color.